Monday, June 8, 2009

Jeans-o-meter

It is the second Monday of Better U. And so, how am I doing so far?

Well according to the only scale I have available (which usually matches my doctor's scale) I have lost 2 pounds from last week.


I'm not too excited (well ok I am so sue me) because of how far I have to go. In the whole big picture scheme of things, it isn't much at all. Damn those percentages! But at least it is a change in the right direction, ie down down down.


My first overall goal is to fit into the next size down of clothes. I'm judging by the jeans that I recently uncovered while unpacking from our epic house remodel. They were purchased, never used as the tags are still on, and they don't fit me now since I've gone up a size. I only wear jeans during the winter usually, and I can't have them be too tight in the thighs or the waist because of the pressure that puts on my lumps. They have to fit well, on the loose side. I'm not sure how many pounds that goal translates to. But I will try them on every week to encourage myself.


When I look at the price tag, I am reminded of much money this extra weight is really costing me. Buying new clothes just because my current ones don't fit. Sheesh, what a dumb way to spend money I don't really have. Or the extra food, mostly junk food at that, which is rather spendy.
On the green smoothie goal I did get 3 out of 7. Failing grade, but now that I'm thinking about them I'll make the effort to fix one for myself in the weeks ahead.
On the walking/exercise goal I got 4 out of 7 days. Including one day of several hours of gardening. That's a huge increase, so I'm happy with that. I have to be careful with how much I do at once, otherwise I'll be laid out on the couch for days recovering.
Goals for this coming week:
Walking Zelda everyday
Gardening for an hour, 2 times (spread it out, don't overdo)
7 lunchtime (or daily) green smoothies
Ice cream only once this week.
Challenges this week will be the social obligations we have this week where we'll be eating out. That and the end of the school year for my boys, which means a big adjustment. My plan to meet those challenges is to keep walking, and to make good choices when I eat out and what I buy to have for food at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment