Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Better U Week 3 Down

Another green smoothie that isn't really green. Ran out of greens again so this has more strawberries than spinach. My planning is way off because all of a sudden my family is into lots and lots of deep leafy greens! It is that salad time of year I guess.

Whoops, another missed Monday for posting, well at least it is only Tuesday. I'm down two more pounds. So that is five all together. Not up, which is amazing and great because I had a birthday party and family party kind of weekend with lots of tempting food which I will be honest, I totally succumbed to. So that is proving to me that all this extra physical activity is
A) Worth the extra pain and fatigue

B) Actually working to help me lose weight

C) Needs to continue unless I make major major changes in how much I eat.


As far as goals go for last week, how did I do?

I did not find my pedometer, so I did not track my steps. I didn't buy one either, but I guess I will now that I've looked everywhere. I also did not start a food log, but I have started one as of rightnowtoday!

I did walk the dog some, but not everyday.
I did a lot of gardening and a huge aerobic blast of house cleaning on Saturday before my son's birthday party. I also tried my parent's WiiFit which was both intensely embarrassing (as I had to weigh-in right in front of my whole family!) and super fun. I really want to get one now.
It was scary to see how bad my balance is, and it told me I was 53. grrrrrr

I did a lot of great cooking this week, making up some new recipes, using hardly any oil to cook with, and different combos of vegies. So far so good, the family is playing along with me and have not complained. I'm lucky that they like good healthy food. I did buy lots of junk food (for the teens birthday party) and that was way too hard to have around, I just don't have the willpower. Maybe I can have them hide it from me or something. I've been letting them choose the ice cream flavor, that way it is usually not my faves and I won't want to have it as much. Pretty sneaky huh?

Goals for the week upcoming:

Buy a new pedometer and use it.

Walk the dog and garden and stretch and situps everyday. Weights at least 2 times this week.

Eat more vegies than bread.

Buy no candy.


Find someone to be on my BetterU team. Thinking who will be willing, available and helpful.....


Obstacles to overcome:

I haven't been sleeping well, it always happens around this time of year, too much staying up late since it is still light so late...Must make the attempt to go to bed at the first sign of sleepiness instead of staying up past then.

Must find the pedometer or buy a new one and actually use it.

Willpower at the store to not grab candy.

Feeling tired and hurting makes it hard to get out there and walk and garden, etc. The answer always is: Do It Anyways.

1 comment:

  1. I am doing something similar myself. Call me if you need a walk partner. I can't guarantee I can do any smoothies... But I am trying to eat my greens too.

    Trying to grab a green tea instead of a cookie... all that junk.

    And I was never ever able to backpack.

    ReplyDelete