Tuesday, July 28, 2009

GoRed Booty

No, not that kind of booty. I won, I won something, how about that?!
Thanks so much to the ladies at MamaLaw! Thanks to them I have some great new equipment for keeping me inspired to stay with the BetterU GoRed program. Everything is so red and new and sparkly. The water bottle is getting a lot of use already, and love shiny red-ness of it. As well as the smaller mouth-top, as the other steel water bottles we have, have these huge wide mouths which I always spill water all over myself. The Craisins are almost gone, they've been very popular around here. Who knew that dried cranberries + sugar would be so yummy? I even put them in a salad which was really tasty.
After my un-sunscreened foray to the pool at high noon over the weekend, I have quite the sunburn, so I haven't used the nifty tote bag to bring my towel and suit and goggles, since I haven't been back. Since I'm still so red (just like the tote bag). Ouch. Boy do I ever feel Dumb with a capital D.
What else is in there? Oh yes, the yoga mat. I hope I can use this with the WiiFit that I'm getting soon. It is really pretty and new and oh yes red. The yoga mat, not the WiiFit. Which, now that I think about it, maybe they should have an official GoRed WiiFit tie-in version. I'd love to have a video game console in my house in a cool color!
After all this fabulous new stuff, how did I do last week on the BetterU program?

Pretty great, I am happy to report that I'm down another 2 pounds. That makes 6 altogether. Not a lot percentage wise of course, but still in the right direction. I have to keep telling myself this! I'm definitely making better and better-informed food choices. Not 100% of the time, but there is a real improvement. I don't know if I can keep up with the level of activity I was at last week as I'm feeling pretty wrung out and fatigued now. Such a delicate dance of wanting to do more and being limited by what I can handle. sigh.
What did I do last week? Swimming, walking, hiking, an afternoon walking and playing on the beach, and a marathon shopping trip with my son to find pants that he'll actually wear. All that activity added up, and maybe I can keep up with doing it, or maybe not, but I'm sure going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment