Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Better U Week 5


Stats for the week, down just a pound, so that's four altogther, still going in the right direction. So far so good. I did a lot of working in the garden and walking and using a borrowed WiiFit. I rather enjoyed using the Wiifit, it was strangely inspiring, and I felt very cheered on as I used it. I also did some situps thanks to this gizmo, so that was a good thing. Definitely need to get my own WiiFit as the borrowed one gets returned this week.

I'm not very happy with my pedometer, as several hours of sweating out in the garden at an aerobic level of work did not count for very many steps, hmmm. So this goal of 10,000 steps per day is a bit simplistic if one's exercise is not coming mostly from walking or running. I had a few days where I got over 10,000 anyways which was a cause for celebration. I'm a really sedentary person at my most basic level, so this is a big deal for me to get moving this much.


This basket of food is from our local CSA farm weekly basket. And all of it got eaten, whether in salads or green smoothies all those greens are gone. And those berries, what a yummy heavenly treat. The garlic and shallots have been utilized but not completely used up. I know garlic is supposed to be good for cholesterol, but I just can't pop a raw clove into my mouth and eat it. (So I take a supplement instead).
In addition to the great food above, I also made some bad eating choices which I think is what is holding back any weight loss. But I'm thinking about it more, I'm not eating as unconsciously as I did before, so that has been a big change. I'm not always making the better choice, but I am making that better choice MORE than I did before I started this whole BetterU thing. For instance, I did not buy any candy this week. That's two weeks in a row now.
Goals for this week are lots of exercise in small doses so I don't overdo, keep making better eating choices, and the reward will be a haircut. Boy do I ever need one!

No comments:

Post a Comment